GICS does provide some financial assistance for specific courses.
What we do and don’t fund:
We will consider support for people who are actively involved in pre-hospital care within the Grampian region. This can either be in an operational or educational role. If you are responding or helping with educational events run by GICS we will consider your application.
We won’t consider your application if the reason for undertaking the course is for your own personal development and have no intention to provide support to GICS.
These are the courses that we provide support for:
· Pre Hospital Emergency Care Course (PHECC)
· BASICS Immediate Medical Care (IMC) Part 1, 2 and refresher
· Pre Hospital Paediatric Life Support Course (PHPLS)
· Diploma in Immediate Medical Care Revision Modules
· Tele-Education Course
The link below will take you to the BASICS Scotland Website where you can find further information
We don’t support:
· Advanced life support (ALS)
· Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
The reason for not supporting these courses is because they are aimed at hospital practice and this material is covered in one of the BASICS Scoltand courses but with a pre-hospital focus.
· Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMIS)
We don’t support MIMMIS as if you require this training it should be provided by your employer as NHS Scotland has a duty to provide major incident training.
How to apply: